The referral form is a straightforward, easy to use, referral template developed to help assist referrers and their practice managers referring patients.
Referrers are encouraged to use this simple routine referral form as it does not take any more time to generate than a traditional referral letter and alleviates any legibility issues. The form can be emailed or faxed direct to the radiation oncologist or the patient can bring the form with them to their first appointment.
In order for us to provide the best care for your patients, we will also need the following details:
- Relevant correspondence
- pathology reports
- operative notes
- relevant x-rays that the patients have had performed
Rapid Response Palliative Radiotherapy Referral
Palliative Radiation Therapy is used for various reasons including:
- Relief of cancer bone pain
- Treatment of spinal cord compression
- Shrink a tumour to relieve pressure or a blockage
- Treat symptoms of cancer in the brain
- Treat symptoms of cancer in the lungs
- Control ulcerating tumours and reduce bleeding
- Treat a blood vessel blockage called SVCO
- Utilising a high dose stereotactic approach with Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) to control lung and brain metastases.