At Adelaide Radiotherapy Centre we provide affordable care to public and private patients. Whilst patient fees are charged, they are discussed with your treating doctor to ensure they are suitable to your financial situation.
Our fees are very affordable and cover the following services:
- All consultations with your Radiation Oncologist whilst undergoing treatment.
- CT scanning for the purpose of radiotherapy treatment planning.
- Treatment planning (radiation dosimetry)
- All treatments, including X-ray imaging used for treatment setup verification (otherwise known as Image Guided Radiation Therapy)
- Equipment required for treatment like immobilisation casts for stability when treating the brain or neck region
- Nurse services, relevant supportive care provisions and also includes any dressings required whilst on treatment
Your treatment will be clinically tailored to your needs as determined by one of our experienced specialist Radiation Oncologists using the very latest treatment approaches and technology. At your first consultation, your Radiation Oncologist will discuss the treatment program in detail, ensuring you understand all that is being proposed and planned. At this first consultation your will also receive a full explanation of all costs by our friendly patient services team. Please note that you will be eligible for a range of rebates from Medicare (both the Medicare Benefits Scheme and the Extended Safety Net Scheme), and the cost of your treatment is the portion not covered by Medicare, which is minimal. The staff at Adelaide Radiotherapy Centre work closely with Medicare and will submit all of your accounts online directly from each of our payment counters, there is no need to attend a Medicare office as long as Medicare has your bank account details registered in their system. Private health insurance is not required with Medicare covering 80 - 90% of the cost.
If you have any further questions with regard to the cost of your treatment please contact one of our Centres located close to you.
Adelaide Radiotherapy Centre accepts both private and public referrals.